We are delighted to confirm, following last night’s Government update, we’ll be reopening the Spa and Self-catering facilities at Rockliffe Hall from Monday 12th April.
We will also be reopening our golf course to visitors from Monday, and launching an Al Fresco drinks service for visitors to the resort on The Clubhouse terrace.
Please find below useful information for your visit. We continue to follow the advice of the Government and relevant professional bodies at all times.
Keeping you safe
The below procedures are in place to protect our guests, members and team members across the resort:
- All guests will be required to submit their contact details for contact tracing requirements and have their temperature checked on arrival using a no-touch forehead thermometer.
- The rule of 6 or maximum of 2 households applies for guests meeting outdoors for example on the Golf Course or the Clubhouse al fresco drinks terrace.
- Guests using indoor facilities, such as the Spa, Gym, Treatments and staying in the Self-catering houses and apartments must be from the same household or support bubble
- We politely request guests wear a face covering (except those who are exempt) when using any indoor public areas. Face coverings may of course be removed when seated at your table, when using the gym and spa facilities and when on the golf course.
- We have always had rigorous cleaning procedures and hygiene protocols in place, as you would expect at a five-star resort. In light of Covid-19, every single procedure has been reassessed and enhanced, with new ones introduced. We’ve also made changes across the resort to ensure social distancing is maintained, and all our staff have been retrained in the new procedures.
- Please be aware that we no longer accept cash as a payment method, however transactions can by made by chip and pin or we can accept contactless payments through cards/mobile devices.
- The Golf Course and all practice facilities are now open, and we’re following England Golf guidance to deliver a safe golf experience. Fourballs are permitted with no restrictions on households.
- Coaching and tuition with our professional team has resumed (please note max of 6 for group sessions) and must be booked in advance.
- The Pro Shop will reopen with social-distancing measures in place from Monday
- We will also be reopening the half-way house and an al fresco drinks service for golfers (please note the rule of six and all social-distancing guidelines will apply). No advanced booking is required, but guests must check in at Golf Services on arrival for Track and Trace.
- Full guidance will be sent to you prior to arrival at the Golf Course or you can read the full Rockliffe Hall Golf Guide here.
Spa, Gym & Treatments
- All wet spa facilities will reopen with the exception of the heat treatment rooms (saunas and steam rooms). This currently includes the swimming pool, hydrotherapy pool, outdoor hot tub, bucket drench shower, experience showers, foot spa and Spa Garden
- Treatments will resume (excluding the mud rasul) including all face and body treatments, along with manicures and pedicures. Your therapist will wear the appropriate PPE and all treatments now begin with a New Beginnings sanitising welcome ritual.
- Within the gym you’ll notice that protective screens are in place and the equipment has been spaced out to allow for social distancing, there are also zones marked on the floor. Please ensure to wipe down all equipment after use and follow the guidance in place to ensure safe use of the Gym floor.
- Group exercise classes will resume from 17th May, but in the mean time we have put more socially-distanced equipment in the studio for guests to use.
- We have updated our Healthy Hospitality Spa Charter, which is our commitment to keeping guests safe in the Spa.
- Our Armstrong House Apartments and four-bedroom Woodland Mews holiday homes will reopen to guests from the same household (or support bubble) from Monday. They are all fully self-contained and are equipped for self-catering stays with kitchen, dining and living areas to enjoy a home-from-home experience.
- Whilst our restaurants and bars will remain closed for now, guests can enjoy Al Fresco drinks on The Clubhouse terrace and a number of hampers are available to add on to your stay such as breakfast and brunch.
- All breaks include two hours use of the award-winning Spa as part of your stay (please note our Saunas and Steam rooms will remain closed for now in line with Government guidance)
- You will be asked to check-in online before arriving at the resort so you’ll only need a short visit to Reception to have your card authorised and to collect your keys. This also means you’ll receive your welcome letter via email, reducing the need for paper. Bottled water will be available but for the time being, all other welcome refreshments and snacks will be removed.
- Before entering the hotel all guests will have their temperature checked using a no-touch forehead thermometer. We politely request guests wear a face covering when using public areas of the hotel.
Rockliffe Hall has been awarded the AA Covid Confident shield, the VisitEngland ‘We’re Good to Go’ kitemark and most recently the global GBAC STAR accreditation for our agile and responsive approach to the ongoing pandemic. We have also developed a Healthy Hospitality Charter which is our commitment to keeping guests safe on resort.
We provisionally aim to reopen the hotel and indoor restaurants from 17th May. Please note all inclusions are subject to the latest Government advice, and are subject to change.