Dear guests, members and friends,
Please be aware that in line with the national lockdown restrictions across England, Rockliffe Hall is currently open for self catering guests in line with the roadmap issued on Monday 22nd February.
For guests with future bookings please find below useful information for your visit. We continue to follow the advice of the Government and relevant professional bodies at all times.
Rockliffe Hall has been awarded the AA Covid Confident shield, the VisitEngland ‘We’re Good to Go’ kitemark and most recently the global GBAC STAR accreditation for our agile and responsive approach to the ongoing pandemic. In addition to this, we have developed a Healthy Hospitality Charter which is our committment to keeping guests safe on resort.
Gift Experience Vouchers - update on extensions
- All gift vouchers bought at Rockliffe Hall which were due to expire during the pandemic can now be redeemed up to 30th June 2021 or for up to 2 years from the original purchase date (whichever is longer).
- Should you have a seasonal experience, such as a Mother’s Day or Black Friday gift voucher; or a Spa Day gift voucher this can also be redeemed as a Resort Credit should the original package be no longer available
- Gift Voucher extensions will be applied to each gift experience automatically; and no action is required from gift buyers or gift recipients.
- Any vouchers purchased after March 2020 and before June 2021 have an 18 month validity to allow guests extra time to use their vouchers.
Keeping you Safe on Resort
The below procedures are in place to protect our guests, members and team members across the resort from 12th April:
- All guests will be required to submit their contact details for contact tracing requirements and have their temperature checked on arrival using a no-touch forehead thermometer.
- The rule of 6 or maximum of 2 households applies for guests meeting outdoors for example on the Golf Course or the Clubhouse al fresco drinks terrace.
- Guests using indoor facilities, such as the Spa, Gym, Treatments and staying in the Self-catering houses and apartments must be from the same household or support bubble
- We politely request guests wear a face covering (except those who are exempt) when using any indoor public areas. Face coverings may of course be removed when seated at your table, when using the gym and spa facilities and when on the golf course.
- We have always had rigorous cleaning procedures and hygiene protocols in place, as you would expect at a five-star resort. In light of Covid-19, every single procedure has been reassessed and enhanced, with new ones introduced. We’ve also made changes across the resort to ensure social distancing is maintained, and all our staff have been retrained in the new procedures.
- Please be aware that we no longer accept cash as a payment method, however transactions can by made by chip and pin or we can accept contactless payments through cards/mobile devices.
- Please note we politely request guests wear a face covering (except those who are exempt) when using public areas of the hotel, spa (including treatments except facials), lounges, restaurants and golf areas. Face coverings may of course be removed when eating and drinking in the restaurants, when using the gym and spa facilities and when on the golf course.
Golf - now open for members and visitors
- Booking a tee time or lesson in advance is compulsory. Book a tee time here or call 01325 729 998.
- Fourballs are permitted with no restriction on households. Tuition and lessons are available subject to guidelines below.
- Please travel alone or with other players who are in the same household or support bubble. We ask you to only arrive up to 15 minutes before your round of golf or half an hour before if you are to use the Driving Range to warm up.
- On arrival, please arrive changed and ready to play golf and refrain where possible from changing in the locker rooms.
- The Pro Shop, changing rooms, lockers and toilet facilities will be open for use on a socially distanced 1 in, 1 out system until 7pm.
- Face coverings must be worn in any indoor area.
- Once at the putting green area, the starter will call you to the tee when it is your tee off time. The starter will take the temperature of every golfer in your group prior to tee off and then allow you to tee off.
- During the round all golfers are to maintain the appropriate social distancing when on teeing areas, walking to the ball, searching for a ball and playing shots. There will be no rakes in bunkers so please make your very best efforts to smooth the sand using your club and/or feet.
- Flagsticks are to remain in the hole and must not be removed, if the flagstick needs to be centred then this must be done by using are club or your foot, not using the hand or gloved hand.
- The Halfway House is now open.
- After your round of golf, please leave at the conclusion of your round and refrain from congregating in any areas.
- Read the full Rockliffe Hall Golf Guide here.
Self-Catering breaks - available until 16th May
- Our Armstrong House Apartments and four-bedroom Woodland Mews holiday homes will reopen to guests from the same household (or support bubble) from Monday. They are all fully self-contained and are equipped for self-catering stays with kitchen, dining and living areas to enjoy a home-from-home experience.
- Whilst our restaurants and bars will remain closed for now, guests can enjoy Al Fresco drinks on The Clubhouse terrace and a number of hampers are available to add on to your stay such as breakfast and brunch.
- All breaks include two hours use of the award-winning Spa as part of your stay (please note our Saunas and Steam rooms will remain closed for now in line with Government guidance)
- You will be asked to check-in online before arriving at the resort so you’ll only need a short visit to Reception to have your card authorised and to collect your keys. This also means you’ll receive your welcome letter via email, reducing the need for paper. Bottled water will be available but for the time being, all other welcome refreshments and snacks will be removed.
- Before entering the hotel all guests will have their temperature checked using a no-touch forehead thermometer. We politely request guests wear a face covering when using public areas of the hotel.
Hotel - provisionally opening from 17th May
- Subject to the latest advice and guidance we are provisionally taking bookings from 17th May for groups of up to 6 guests, or for 2 households (up to a maximum of 15).
- We have a number of additional health and safety measures in place to protect guests and team members.
- You will be encouraged to check-in online before arriving at the resort so you’ll only need a short visit to Reception to have your card authorised. This also means you’ll receive your welcome letter via email, reducing the need for paper. Bottled water will be available but for the time being, all other welcome refreshments and snacks will be removed.
- Before entering the hotel all guests will have their temperature checked using a no-touch forehead thermometer.
- Please note we politely request guests wear a face covering (except those who are exempt) when using public areas of the hotel, spa, lounges, restaurants and golf areas. Face coverings may of course be removed when eating and drinking in the restaurants, when using the gym and spa facilities and when on the golf course.
- Please note Rockliffe Hall can no longer accept cash as a payment method, however transactions can by made by chip and pin or we can accept contactless payments through cards/mobile devices.
- You can read our full guest Healthy Hospitality Charter here
- To book a stay at Rockliffe Hall please call 01325 729999 or book online here.
Spa, Gym & Treatments - now open for members, self-catering guests and spa days, and from Monday 17th May for hotel guests
- All wet spa facilities will reopen with the exception of the heat treatment rooms (saunas and steam rooms). This currently includes the swimming pool, hydrotherapy pool, outdoor hot tub, bucket drench shower, experience showers, foot spa and Spa Garden.
- As you settle into your lounger you may notice brochures and magazines have been removed, but a much wider offering is now available for you to read, via a complimentary online service available to guests.
- You can also be certain that the entire spa has been cleaned before each session and you’ll regularly see our team on poolside and in the changing rooms, sanitising high touch points including door handles, toilets and railings.
- Treatments will resume (excluding the mud rasul) including all face and body treatments, along with manicures and pedicures. Rather than offering you our usual warm handshake your therapist will welcome you with a traditional Thai hands-free greeting. For manicures and pedicures a Perspex screen is in place and therapists will wear facemasks. For all other body treatments guests are lying face down and your therapist will wear a visor and facemask. Each treatment now commences with the ‘A New Beginning’ sanitising welcome ritual. Therapists will invite you to follow along with a hand sanitisation which then focuses on pressure points, reinforcing meridian lines on the hands, an application of Tranquillity blend and breath work concludes the ritual.
- Please note that face masks must be worn for the duration of all treatments (unless exempt), apart from when having a facial where they can be removed.
- Within the gym you’ll notice that protective screens are in place and the equipment has been spaced out to allow for social distancing, there are also zones marked on the floor. Please ensure to wipe down all equipment after use and follow the guidance in place to ensure safe use of the Gym floor. Gym Equipment is spaced at least 1 metre apart where possible, shielded by screens or has been temporarily removed. Classes must be pre booked.
- Group exercise classes will resume from 17th May, but in the mean time we have put more socially-distanced equipment in the studio for guests to use.
Restaurants - provisionally opening from Monday 17th May
- Subject to the latest advice and guidance we are provisionally taking restaurant bookings for The Clubhouse and The Orangery from 17th May for groups of up to 6 guests, or for 2 households (up to a maximum of 15).
- We aim to reopen for al fresco dining and drinks on The Clubhouse terrace from 12th April for golfers only. Subject to guidance from the Government this will provisionally be available from 9am to 5pm daily for tables of up to a maximum of 6 guests.
- Tables must be booked in advance through the Rockliffe Hall website or the app and all guests must complete a pre-arrival questionnaire and NHS test and trace details. You will have your temperature taken on arrival and a one-way system is in place for the Clubhouse Kitchen & Bar.
- We kindly ask guests to wear a face covering (unless exempt) on arrival at Rockliffe Hall and within public areas. These can be removed once you are seated at your table.
- The Brasserie restaurant remains closed.
- We have provisions in place for office-based team members to work from home, where possible.
- All team members who are working at Rockliffe Hall are doing so in a safe manner, we are a CovidSecure businesss and have been awarded the 'We're Good To Go' kitemark by VisitBritain and the AA Covid Confident shield.
Please follow this link for more details:
We look forward to seeing you at Rockliffe Hall soon.
This page was updated on 5th May 2021.