Dear guests, members and friends,
For guests with future bookings please find below useful information for your visit.
Rockliffe Hall has been awarded the AA Covid Confident shield, the VisitEngland ‘We’re Good to Go’ kitemark and most recently the global GBAC STAR accreditation for our agile and responsive approach to the ongoing pandemic. We are commited to keeping guests safe on resort. We continue to follow the advice of the Government and relevant professional bodies at all times.
Gift Experience Vouchers - update on extensions
All gift vouchers bought at Rockliffe Hall which were due to expire during the pandemic can now be redeemed up to 31st December 2021 or for up to 2 years from the original purchase date (whichever is longer). Should you have a seasonal experience, such as a Mother’s Day or Black Friday gift voucher; or a Spa Day gift voucher this can also be redeemed as a Resort Credit should the original package be no longer available
Gift Voucher extensions will be applied to each gift experience automatically; and no action is required from gift buyers or gift recipients.
Any vouchers purchased after March 2020 and before 31st December 2021 have an 18-month validity to allow guests extra time to use their vouchers.
Keeping you Safe on Resort
The below procedures are in place to protect our guests, members and team members across the resort:
- We have always had rigorous cleaning procedures and hygiene protocols in place, as you would expect at a five-star resort. In light of Covid-19, every single procedure has been reassessed and enhanced, with new ones introduced. We’ve also made changes across the resort to ensure all our staff have been trained in the new procedures.
- Please be aware that we no longer accept cash as a payment method, however transactions can by made by chip and pin or we can accept contactless payments through cards/mobile devices.
- We politely request guests continue to wear a face covering (except those who are exempt) when using public areas of the hotel, spa (including treatments except facials), lounges, restaurants and golf areas. Face coverings may of course be removed when eating and drinking in the restaurants, when using the gym and spa facilities and when on the golf course.
What has changed after the recent lifting of restrictions?
Whilst we are delighted that we have moved away from the restrictions that have impacted us all so greatly during this time, we are conscious that Covid has not gone away, and that currently cases continue to rise in areas of the UK.
With this in mind, we have decided as a business to keep some measures in place to protect both team members and guests. These include:
- Team members will continue to wear face coverings and we politely request that our guests do the same when in any public areas on the Resort, or when dancing indoors at wedding and event celebrations.
- As always, face coverings can be removed when sat at a table, when outdoors, or when using the spa and gym facilities.
- We will no longer ask our guests to complete track and trace information, pre-arrival questionnaires or carry out temperature checks on arrival. We have increased our capacity in areas such as the Spa, event spaces and restaurants to pre-covid levels.
- You will continue to see hand sanitisation points across the resort and our team will continue to follow all cleaning protocols to keep Rockliffe Hall Covid-secure.
- Digital services such as newspapers, magazines, menus will be available via the Rockliffe Hall app to ensure we minimise touch points.
- Spa use for hotel guests is available from check in (3pm) on the arrival day until check out (11am) on the departure day. Should you wish to use the spa before check in or after check out, packages are available as an upgrade.
As you will appreciate, our aim is to maintain a covid safe environment that guests and team members feel comfortable and happy in. We will continue to review this on a bi-weekly basis moving forward.
- Fourballs are permitted with no restriction on households. Tuition and lessons are available.
- We kindly ask guests to continue to wear a face covering in the Pro Shop, changing rooms, lockers and toilet facilities.
- Once at the putting green area, the starter will call you to the tee when it is your tee off time.
- All rakes will be replaced back into the bunkers on the golf course, meaning that the ball must now be played as it lies.
- All golf course furniture has been returned for normal use, including ball-washers.
- Hole cups and flags will return to pre-pandemic operation with the flagsticks able to be removed if you wish.
- Whilst we appreciate that preferred lies in bunkers have been in play for over a year now, and with rakes being replaced we do ask that every effort is made to use them for the benefit of all golfers on the course.
- We have a number of additional health and safety measures in place to protect guests and team members.
- You will receive your welcome letter via email prior to your stay, reducing the need for paper. Bottled water will be available but for the time being, all other welcome refreshments and snacks will be removed.
- Please note we politely request guests to continue to wear a face covering (except those who are exempt) when using public areas of the hotel, spa, lounges, restaurants and golf areas. Face coverings may of course be removed when eating and drinking in the restaurants, when using the gym and spa facilities and when on the golf course.
- Please note Rockliffe Hall can no longer accept cash as a payment method, however transactions can by made by chip and pin or we can accept contactless payments through cards/mobile devices.
- To book a stay at Rockliffe Hall please call 01325 729999 or book online here.
Spa, Gym & Treatments
- All spa facilities are open including the heat treatment rooms (saunas and steam rooms).
- As you settle into your lounger you may notice brochures and magazines have been removed, but a much wider offering is now available for you to read, via a complimentary online service available to guests.
- You will regularly see our team on poolside and in the changing rooms, sanitising high touch points including door handles, toilets and railings.
- Treatments are all available including all face and body treatments, along with manicures and pedicures. Rather than offering you our usual warm handshake your therapist will welcome you with a traditional Thai hands-free greeting. For manicures and pedicures a Perspex screen is in place and therapists will wear facemasks. For all other body treatments guests are lying face down. Each treatment now commences with the ‘A New Beginning’ sanitising welcome ritual. Therapists will invite you to follow along with a hand sanitisation which then focuses on pressure points, reinforcing meridian lines on the hands, an application of Tranquillity blend and breath work concludes the ritual.
- Please note that face masks must be worn for the duration of all treatments (unless exempt), apart from when having a facial where they can be removed.
- Within the gym you’ll notice that protective screens are in place and the equipment has been spaced out, there are also zones marked on the floor. Please ensure to wipe down all equipment after use. Gym Equipment is spaced at least 1 metre apart where possible, shielded by screens or has been temporarily removed. Group exercise classes are now available, classes must be pre booked.
- Restaurant bookings are available for The Clubhouse, The Orangery, Nu Sana and Afternoon Tea.
- We kindly ask guests to continue to wear a face covering (unless exempt) on arrival at Rockliffe Hall and within public areas. These can be removed once you are seated at your table.
We have provisions in place for office-based team members to work from home, where necessary. All team members who are working at Rockliffe Hall are doing so in a safe manner, we are a CovidSecure businesss and have been awarded the 'We're Good To Go' kitemark by VisitBritain and the AA Covid Confident shield.
Please follow this link for more details:
We look forward to seeing you at Rockliffe Hall soon.
This page was updated on 14th September 2021.