The Spa at Rockliffe Hall will reopen on Monday 12th April in line with government guidelines including restrictions across England.
Areas which will remain closed include the saunas, steam rooms, gym classes and juice bar service and are subject for government review on 17th May 2021.
For guests with future reservations, please find below useful information for your visit. We continue to follow the advice of the Government and relevant professional bodies at all times.
We have developed a new Healthy Hospitality Spa Charter to ensure that each guest feels safe when they visit us.
We have always had rigorous cleaning procedures and hygiene protocols in place, as you would expect at a five-star resort. In light of Covid-19, every single procedure has been reassessed and enhanced, with new ones introduced. We’ve also made changes across the resort to ensure social distancing is maintained, and all our staff have been retrained in the new procedures.
Throughout your visit at Rockliffe Hall you’ll see reduced contact, touchless/cashless transactions, protective screens at front desks, sanitiser stations and PPE.
Booking the Spa
- For now, to enable social distancing and enhanced hygiene practices, we will ask you to book a 2 hour session in the spa during your stay or a selected time within a spa day.
- Please have your temperature taken on arrival at the Spa. We are also asking all Spa visitors to complete a pre-arrival health questionnaire to keep our team and guests safe, and to comply with contact tracing requirements.
- Please note we politely request guests wear a face covering when using public areas of the hotel, spa, lounges, restaurants and golf areas. Face coverings may of course be removed when eating and drinking in the restaurants, when using the gym and spa facilities and when on the golf course.
- Lockers are sanitised prior to each use, social distancing signage is in place and government guidelines mean we are only able to welcome a reduced number of guests, which will ensure you have plenty of your own space in this area.
- You have access to the poolside area and hydropool side area, please try to remain at a minimum of 1 metre distance from others. There is also a virtual poolside tour available on our app which our receptionists can show you how to download.
- The juice bar remains closed until the government review on 17th May 2021, we will however provide water and iced-tea complimentary.
- As you settle into your lounger, you may notice brochures and magazines have been removed, but a much wider offering is now available for you to read, via a complimentary online service available to guests.
- You can also be certain that the entire spa has been cleaned prior to opening and you’ll regularly see our team on poolside and in the changing rooms, sanitising high touch points including door handles, toilets and railings.
- Equipment is spaced at least 1 metre apart where possible, shielded by screens or in designated zones.
- Rather than offering you our usual warm handshake your therapist will welcome you with a traditional Thai hands-free greeting.
- For manicures a Perspex screen is in place. For all other treatments your therapist will wear a visor and mask, in line with the latest Government guidance.
- Each treatment now commences with the ‘A New Beginning’ sanitising welcome ritual. Therapists will invite you to follow along with a hand sanitisation which then focuses on pressure points, reinforcing meridian lines on the hands, an application of Tranquillity blend and breath work concludes the ritual.
View the Spa Treatment Menu
As Government guidelines are updated we will constantly review the social distancing and hygiene measures currently in place to ensure that you’re as safe as possible when you visit us. We look forward to seeing you soon.