The Paw Commandments
The majority of staff and guests at Rockliffe Hall are very fond of dogs however not all people are dog lovers and some even have allergies, so while on resort your four-legged friend will need to follow our paw commandments so that everyone can relax and feel comfortable.
1. Pets are unable to wander and relax in our restaurants, bars or communal area of the hotel other than your bedroom and outdoor areas, such as terraces. (Guide dogs are allowed throughout the hotel, including the restaurants and lounges).
2. We know that some doggies love to swim, unfortunately they are sadly unable to dive bomb for sticks and balls in our pool! The stunning River Tees is just a stone’s throw from the resort and there are lots of lovely walks around the estate for guests to enjoy.
3. Don’t forget to bring your doggy’s favourite bedding, blanket and food but don't worry if you forget your doggy's food as you can order from our doggy room service menu
4. Please pick up your poop and be responsible for cleaning up after your dog on resort and in the local neighbourhood.
5. We don’t want to interrupt your doggy having an afternoon snooze in your room therefore please advise our team for a convenient time for service your room.
6. Your doggy deserves to enjoy their time at Rockliffe Hall too, we politely ask that you do not leave them unattended in your bedroom for any long periods of time.
7. Please keep dogs on a lead when in the hotel or around resort unless you are in your room.
8. We welcome well-behaved and trained dogs, if your pet is deemed to be a nuisance or danger to other hotel guests then we may need to have an uncomfortable chat about your stay at Rockliffe Hall, this includes persistent barking during your stay and disturbing neighbouring guests. The hotel reserves the right to make this decision at any time.
9. Are responsible for all property damages and/or personal injuries resulting from your dog, the hotel does not accept liability for any loss, damage or illness to pets.