Fancy creating our favourite winter warmer in the comfort of your own home?
Follow the delicious recipe below to warm your palette on a cold winters day, the Rockliffe way.
We all love a festive tipple to get us in the Christmas spirit!
- 1 Large Orange
- 3 Lemons
- 12 Cloves
- 2 Satsumas or Clementine’s
- 2 x 750ml Bottles of Red Wine
- 2 x Cinnamon Sticks
- 150g/5½oz Caster Sugar (optional)
- Brandy, To Taste (optional)
- Carefully peel the zest very thinly from the orange and lemons using a vegetable peeler. Squeeze out the juice and reserve.
- Stick the cloves into the satsumas.
- Pour the wine, 1.2 litres/2 pints of cold water, and the citrus peel and juices into a large, heavy-based saucepan. Add the clove-studded satsumas and cinnamon sticks.
- Bring the mixture just to the boil, then reduce the heat until the mixture is simmering, cover the pan with the lid, and continue to simmer for about 1 hour.
- Stir in the sugar gradually during cooking, until the mulled wine is sweetened to your liking (you may only need a pinch of sugar).
- Strain the mulled wine and serve hot in cups.
Now sit back and enjoy, or join us for an extra tipple with Festive Afternoon Tea!
Latest Recipes Articles
Bloodstained Bramble Cocktail Recipe
Try this super food smoothie, packed with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.
Rockliffe Hall’s Favourite Festive Cocktail Recipes