In 2022 Global Wellness Day Will…
• Celebrate this special day with the theme #ThinkMagenta
• Invite people to #ThinkMagenta
• Recommend everyone simple but effective affirmations
• Remind people that living well begins in the mind
• Show that when you know where to look there is a good side to even the toughest days
• Spread the #ThinkMagenta philosophy to our communities and beyond
#ThinkMagenta is simple to do whether you are at home, in the office or outside. It doesn’t matter where you are. Anyone can do it anywhere
In stressful, anxious, tense and negative moments, there is a very simple way to disperse the dark clouds:
1. Stop what you’re doing and calm down
2. First take a deep breath and exhale. Even one breath is enough
3. Afterwards immediately smile. Smile in spite of everything
It’s that simple. You’ve already started to #ThinkMagenta.
Global Wellness Day, founded in 2012 is an international social project dedicated to living well and the notion that one day could change your life. Each year Global Wellness Day is great way to remind us all to check in on our own current state and see what new habits we can say yes to.
There are 7 steps towards wellness set out in the 7-step manifest. By implementing some of these into your everyday life, you will live better, longer and have more to give to those around you.
Each year Global Wellness Day is a fantastic reminder to check in on our own current wellbeing and see if we can say yes to any new habits.
The GWD 7 Step Manifest:
1. Walk for an hour. The brain secretes endorphins while you are walking making you feel happier. You can also keep fit by walking as your muscles will get stronger, you will reduce belly fat and cholesterol which will help overcome weight problems.
2. Drink more water. Those who drink less water might suffer feelings of exhaustion, attention deficiency and memory problems. The more water you drink the less carbonated drinks you consume.
3. Don’t use plastic bottles. The plastic bottles made of petroleum waste cause innumerable damage to our health and the environment.
4. Eat healthy food. Try to consume foods which are produced through natural methods by using appropriate fertilization and weed control techniques without using pesticides and certain chemicals.
5. Do a good deed. Do a good deed and make the world a better place to live. See how you will change your life by changing someone else’s.
6. Have a family dinner with your loved ones. Eat a family dinner with your loved ones in a room where, if possible, there are no smart phones and TV. Talk about your day and listen to each other. There is some research shows that the family dinners with the loved ones have a psychologically positive effect on the children who suffer obesity.
7. Go to sleep at 10pm. Sleep is a critical process during which our body regulates, repairs and heals itself. Good sleep habits can slow down ageing and protect us from diseases. HGH (Human Growth Hormone) is released by the brain into the bloodstream during sleep and it’s release is part of the repair and restoration function of sleep.
The major period of HRH release is in the first period of stage 3 sleep during the night.
Rockliffe Hall has been named a winner at the Hotel Cateys 2022, with Commercial Director, Teresa Kingston, winning the sought-after Revenue Manager of the Year award, whilst the hotel was shortlisted for the Best Use of Technology and House Keeper of the Year awards.
Celebrated chef Paul Nicholson will become Head Chef of the flagship Orangery restaurant later this month.
Rockliffe Hall scoops the ‘Luxury Spa of the Year’ award at the North East Beauty Industry Awards.