This delicious Salmon Dumplings recipe was created by Junior Sous Chef, David Garlinge, and is the perfect light, yet rich, meal for four people.
- Salmon tail 200g
- Double Cream 100ml
- Salmon flesh 100g
- Langoustine Tails 4
- Ginger 100g
- Galangal 100g
- Coriander 100g
- Basil 100g
- Red Chillies 100g
- Cream 100ml
- Kombu Stock
- Bonito Flakes
- Gyoza Dumpling Wrappers
- Lime juice and zest
- Spring onions
- Soy sauce
- Place 2 sheets of Kombu Seaweed in to 2 litres of cold water and leave to soak overnight.
- Place a pan of water on to boil to cook the dumplings.
- Add some chopped ginger root and crushed lemon grass to the pan and bring to a gentle simmer, Drain and retain the Kombu for another recipe. Add in 100g of Bonito flakes, leave to infuse for 20 mins and season to taste with good quality soy sauce and salt.
- Keep all the salmon and shell fish in the fridge as cold as possible.
- Skin the salmon cut off the tail end and dice in to 1 inch pieces to use for the Salmon mousse. Dice the remainder of the salmon in to 1cm pieces for the filling.
- Add the Salmon tail to the food processor for 1-2 mins slowly adding cream at the end until thickened. Pass through a fine sieve and store in the fridge until needed.
- Pull the heads off the langoustine dropping the tails in to the boiling water for 10 seconds, peel off the shell and dice the meat the same size as the salmon.
- Finely dice the chillies peel and grate the ginger, grate the galangal and finely slice the herbs and the spring onion.
- Mix the salmon dice with the langoustine chillies lime juice and zest herbs ginger and galangal season then bind with the salmon mousse weight out to 20g balls. Lay out the Gyoza paste then lightly brush with water over half of the paste to help it stick.
- Roll the dumplings and trim to keep a good shape cook in boiling water for 3 mins.
- Place in a bowl top with the sliced spring onions and half fill with the passed dashi.
This special #RestaurantWeek recipe was created by David Garlinge, Junior Sous Chef at Rockliffe Hall. For information about dining at Rockliffe Hall please phone our enquiries team on 01325 729999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.