Noticing on my visits to the supermarket a lot of green vegetables, spinach and fruits (specifically pears) remain on the shelves. In one sense this is a good thing; as it allows us to pick up those products easily, in another sense this is a bad thing as some people are not purchasing foods with great nutritional value.
Processed food has no nutritional value what so ever, additives are added to the food to make it last longer and vital vitamins and minerals are removed, eating excessive amounts of processed foods is detrimental to your health and well-being.
We can be so positive with how we approach our health and well-being during these difficult times.
Try my green smoothie recipe:
- 1 x pear
- Cut 4 x rounds of cucumber
- 1 x handful of spinach
- A few cubes of ice
- 6 ounces of water
- Blend until smooth, the pear and cucumber take away that earthy taste and gives it a natural sweetness, this is a serious superfood smoothie.
Know your ingredients:
- Pear (superfood) - Rich in vitamin C and other antioxidants which support immune system health, one pear contains 25% of your daily recommended fibre, making them one of the most fibre rich fruits.
- Cucumber (superfood)- Great for hydration and contains many important vitamins and minerals.
- Spinach (superfood) - One of the most nutritious foods on the planet, great vegetarian source of iron, rich in vitamin K, which is essential for bone and cardiovascular health.
Hope you enjoy. Take care, stay positive and I hope to see you all soon!